Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator
As North America’s leading independent real estate firm specializing in retail leasing, investment sales and consulting services, RKF provides a broad spectrum of domestic and global clients with services ranging from national tenant and owner representation to advisory, consulting and acquisitions/dispositions. With approximately $30 billion in aggregate real estate transactions to its credit, RKF has helped identify scores of real estate opportunities for leading retailers, developers and institutional clients. RKF is headquartered in New York City with offices in Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Northern New Jersey, San Francisco, Toronto and Tokyo.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator who will be responsible for providing coordination and project support to the RKF Marketing and Communications team. The Coordinator will work across various areas, including but not limited to social media, content development, media relations, email marketing and events. This position is based in our New York office and reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Marketing & Communications in New York.
This individual will coordinate digital marketing, communications and events, and is expected to work both independently and as a team member. In this role, the individual will be collaborating with an innovative team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and processes along the way.
- Support creation and management of written, digital and video content for social, email and other communications campaigns.
- Build and maintain email marketing and social media calendars for all North American campaigns.
- Participate in ongoing planning and strategy meetings to help evolve social media and content development initiatives. Discover ways to optimize and grow existing digital channels and identify and recommend new ones to promote RKF, increase traffic and brand awareness.
- Prepare and present monthly/yearly social media analytics reports.
- Ensure website content is updated and site appears according to spec and functions properly across all major web browsers, mobile and tablet devices, and work with vendors to execute SEO strategy and tactics.
Communications / Public Relations
- Working with Director of Communications & Content Strategy, assist in the execution of communications strategies directed at internal and external audiences.
- Liaise with regional/local teams and public relations firm to disseminate relevant company news, and transaction and assignment announcements.
- Write and edit press releases, as needed.
- Coordinate content development and production of internal news briefings and other company communications vehicles.
Conferences and Events
- Participate in planning and coordination of firm’s participation in international, national, regional and local industry and trade shows, conferences and events.
- Work with third-party exhibit firm and other vendors in managing details and logistics.
- Coordinate requirements for sponsorship opportunities, event participation, charitable activities, etc.
- Coordinate corporate and client events.
- Attend events and trade shows as needed.
- Maintain a keen understanding of trends affecting clients and our industry, and making recommendations regarding strategies surrounding them.
- Create and maintain efficient processes and workflow controls.
- Partner cross-functionally and collaborate with internal marketing, communications, creative and business line teams, as well as external public relations team.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively (both internally and externally).
- Experience building and maintaining email marketing campaigns.
- Comfort with technology and ability to learn new software.
- Strong social media skills with social media platforms (specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) and knowledge of social media analytics tools a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality work.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various time-sensitive projects.