Pret A Manger Continues its Expansion Momentum Across Manhattan
RKF Arranged Seven Leases and Expansions in 2016 for New York City Fresh and Healthy Fast-Casual Favorite
NEW YORK —RKF, the country’s leading independent real estate firm specializing in retail leasing, investment sales and consulting services, announced that it arranged seven new leases around Manhattan for Pret A Manger (Pret) in 2016, adding a total of 25,731 square feet to the fresh and healthy fast-casual chain’s impressive New York City footprint.
RKF Vice Chairman Ariel Schuster, Managing Director Jackie Totolo and Senior Associate Michael Paster are the exclusive tenant representatives for Pret A Manger in New York and represented the tenant in all seven transactions.
- 299 Seventh Avenue (4,600 sf) – Located at the corner of Seventh Avenue and West 27th Street in Chelsea, Pret’s newest store encompasses 1,700 square feet on the ground floor, 1,700 square feet in the lower level and 1,200 square feet on the mezzanine level. Neighbors include Starbucks, Epice Café, Kobeyaki, Baskin Robbins, and Dunkin’ Donuts. (Now open)
- Penn Station (5,986 sf) – Pret will debut its first wine bar concept in the U.S. for its third location in Penn Station which joins Pret Seventh Avenue and Penn LIRR, to accommodate New York City’s main transportation hub of 600,000 daily commuters. The new space is ideally located near the entrance on 34th Street and Seventh Avenue. RKF arranged the lease with Vornado Realty Trust. (Opening in 2017)
- 1700 Broadway (4,410 sf) – Located at the corner of Broadway and West 53rd Street in Midtown West, 1700 Broadway is one of the Ruben Companies’ most prestigious assets. Pret occupies 2,900 square feet on the ground floor and 1,510 square feet in the lower level at the base of the 42-story skyscraper. Neighbors include Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and Buttercup Bake Shop. (Now open)
- 99 Park Avenue (3,242 sf) – Pret has signed a lease for 3,242 square feet at 99 Park Avenue, located on the east block between 39th and 40th Michael O’Neil and Jason Greenstone of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord Eastgate Realty in this transaction. (Now open)
- 1350 Sixth Avenue (2,757 sf) – Pret renewed its lease at SL Green’s 1350 Sixth Avenue, situated at the southeast corner of 55th Street in the heart of Midtown. With this renewal, Pret will expand by adding 1,300 square feet to its existing 2,757-square-foot space. Among the building’s prominent office and retail tenants are Amazon, Dolby, Highbridge Capital, KPMG and P. Schoenfeld Asset Management.
- 380 Lexington Avenue (3,219 sf) – Pret renewed its 3,219-square-foot lease at the base of 380 Lexington Avenue, a historic 52-story building located in Midtown between 41st and 42nd Streets, and will expand by adding 689 square feet to its existing space. Michael Hoffman of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord Stahl Real Estate in this renewal and expansion.
- 205 East 42nd Street (1,517 sf) – Situated at the base of a historic building located just one block from Grand Central Terminal, Pret will renew its lease for the 1,517-square-foot space in the Durst Organization’s 21-story building that includes high profile tenants WeWork and Douglas Elliman.
Founded in London in 1986, Pret A Manger (“Ready to Eat”) is a quick serve restaurant and coffee bar creating sandwiches, salads and wraps handmade fresh in-shop each day using natural, preservative-free, ethically sourced ingredients. Pret A Manger is a privately held company with 400 stores located in the US, UK, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Dubai. Pret currently has 76 US stores in New York, DC, Chicago and Boston.
The leading independent real estate firm in North America specializing in retail leasing, investment sales and consulting services, RKF serves a broad spectrum of domestic and global clients in services ranging from national tenant and owner representation to advisory, consulting and dispositions. With approximately $30 billion in aggregate real estate transactions to its credit, RKF has been responsible for identifying scores of real estate opportunities throughout the United States for leading American and international chains, retailers, developers and institutional clients. RKF is headquartered in New York with offices in Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Northern New Jersey, San Francisco and Toronto. RKF operates in Canada as RKF Group Canada Realty, a retail brokerage.
RKF’s New York City office is located at 521 Fifth Avenue, Floor 7, New York, NY 10175.
T: 212.599.3700. www.rkf.com